If you’re a homeowner in Saint Thomas, you know that storms can wreak havoc on your property. Strong winds and hail can cause significant damage to your roof, leaving you with costly repairs or even a full roof replacement. As a trusted Saint Thomas roofing contractor, Dependable Roofing wants to help you understand the signs of storm damage and when to call a roofer for an inspection.
Wind Damage Symptoms
Roof damage caused by wind might be hard to spot from the ground, but there are a few things you can look out for. Damage caused by wind often manifests in these telltale ways:
- High winds can lift shingles or break them off altogether, leaving your roof susceptible to leaks and more damage.
- Shingles can curl or buckle due to high winds, which can cause leaks and more damage.
- Damaged roof due to cracked or broken shingles The wind can crack or break shingles, exposing the roof to rain and potential damage.
- Leaks can occur if the metal flashing around your roof’s chimneys, vents, and other openings is nicked or bent by the wind.
Identifying the Effects of Hail
You should check your roof for damage after a hailstorm since hail may cause significant damage. The following are some of the most noticeable symptoms of hail damage:
- Hailstones can create dents in your shingles or metal roofing, which can cause leaks and additional damage.
- Hailstones can also cause shingles to become cracked or damaged, leaving your roof susceptible to water damage.
- Damage from loose and falling granules on your shingles is one way in which hail can reduce the useful life of your roof.
When to Call a Saint Thomas Roofing Contractor
If you suspect your roof has been damaged by wind or hail, it’s important to call a Saint Thomas roofing contractor for an inspection as soon as possible. Waiting too long to address storm damage can lead to more extensive and costly repairs down the road.
In addition to inspecting your roof for damage, a professional roofer can help you navigate the insurance claims process if necessary. Many insurance policies cover storm damage, but the claims process can be complex and time-consuming. A reputable roofer can help ensure you get the compensation you’re entitled to for your storm-damaged roof.
Contact Dependable Roofing Today at (717) 267-3865!
At Dependable Roofing, we’re committed to providing Hempstead homeowners with top-quality roofing services. Whether you need a roof repair or a full roof replacement, our experienced team can get the job done right. Contact us today to schedule a storm damage inspection and make sure your roof is protecting your home the way it should!